Makes enough for a few dozen oysters. Best made at least a day in advance, to let the flavour meld.
- 1 dozen fresh Mahurangi Oysters on the half shell
- 1 Shallot, very finely chopped
- ½ cup White wine vinegar (I used a good quality chardonnay vinegar)
- 2 Tbsp Red wine vinegar
- Chop the shallot as finely as you can. Put in a small mixing bowl.
- Add all the vinegar and a little cracked pepper. Mix together with a fork.
- Serve drizzled over fresh oysters on the half shell. Also serve the oysters with fresh lemon.